lscgid: execve():/home/metatropo/public_html/tnab/../cgi-bin/log2.cgi: No such file or directory
Back to list of TNAB hikes
(from south of Mirror Lk)
GPS Data: Map, Track, Waypoints
Click here for GPS eXchange
- Trail forks
- Includes roads
- total elevation
- time to west
1 hr 10 min
- round trip approx:
Click here for larger map
Map of the 40 most prominent peaks visible from Tinkham
- Click here for road map (380K)
- drive I-90 past Snoqualmie pass
- Take stampede pass exit (next exit past the pass).
- Drive south-ish following signs for lost lake and forest service road
- At a big 4/5 way intersection (approx 5.4 miles in) follow the signs to
- Stay on the main drag driving up above lost lake.
- At about 7.0 miles in the road will fork. Go left. (The right fork goes up
Cottonwood lake and to a trailhead described in the "usual" hiking books.
- Continue to stay on the main drag, ignoring any forks to lesser roads.
- The going gets rougher off and on (A 4WD high clearance vehicle is
- At about 8.3 miles (about elev 4000) is a little waterfall on the right.
- We walked the road a little farther (west) to find a weakness in the woods
we followed up.
- The Cedar River watershed boundary is near here and you may see no
signs posted in the trees.
- Angle up and right following any line of least resistance to find a narrow
- Follow the talus field up till you reach a trail that crosses it.
- Go right to mirror lake and left to the east summit.
- The summit route follows the ridge and the edge of the cedar river
- The west summit is an easy 10 minute walk along the top.
TNAB Hikes are not for the
faint of heart. During the season we meet every Thursday in the Eastgate parking
lot at 5pm. We hike fast. We hike in the rain. We hike in the snow. We hike in
the dark. We don't always follow the beaten path. If you want to join us, click